Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's) for Level 2 Intensive
June 23-26 in Boulder, CO
Chant your heart open in Kirtan Community through this 4 day intensive that will expand your chant practice and deepen your experience of LOVE.Get Details
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. What about my flight?
Fly into Denver International Airport (DIA).
You can also coordinate with other participants to share rides.
From DIA you can rent a car, meet up and travel with other participants, or take a bus to Boulder. Details will be shared in the welcome email.
Coordinating with others: All registered participants will be added to a Facebook group where they can coordinate travel, housing, food, etc with others. Details will be shared in the welcome email.
2. Where do I stay?
- Search: Hotels.com, Air BnB and/or VRBO for housing around 80302.
- We have one room onsite. Per night rate is $100/person or $140 for 2 people.
- Holiday Inn Express www.hiexpress.com - Boulder, 4777 Broadway.
- Hotel Boulderado (pricey but historical spot) – 2115 13th Street.
- Boulder Outlook Hotel and Suites, 800 28th Street.
- Quality Inn and Suites Boulder - 2020 Arapahoe Avenue.
- Alps Boulder Canyon Inn - 38619 Boulder Canyon Drive.
3. Where can I buy healthy groceries?
- Whole Foods on Pearl Street - https://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/boulder
- Whole Foods/Ideal Market on Alpine Avenue - https://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/idealmarket
- Lucky’s Market on Broadway - https://www.luckysmarket.com/boulder
4. Where can I eat out in North Boulder?
- Bacco – Italian www.baccoboulder.com
- 4580 – New American www.restaurant4580.com
- Pupusas – El Salvadorean & Mexican http://www.yelp.com/biz/pupusas-sabor-hispano-boulder
- Julia’s Kitchen – Organic & Homemade http://juliaskitchenboulder.wordpress.com/current-menu/
- Proto’s – Local great Pizza & Salads www.protospizza.com
- Spruce Confections – Coffee and Pastries www.spruceconfections.com
- Amante Coffee – Coffee and Snacks www.amantecoffee.com
5. Where can I do yoga in town?
- Jeanie Manchester's Yoga in N. Boulder - https://www.jeaniemanchester.com
- CorePower Yoga www.corepoweryoga.com - vinyasa, hot, hot power fusion, yin, sculpt
- Yoga Pod www.yogapodcommunity.com/boulder - similar style offerings to CorePower
- Yoga Loft www.yogaloftboulder.com - vinyasa, women’s yoga, hot fusion, yin
6. What are the program dates/times?
Held June 23-26, 2022
- Thursday, June 23 from 5-8pm
- Friday, June 24 from 10am-6pm
- Saturday, June 25 from 10am-4pm + optional dinner in Boulder
- Sunday, June 26 from 9am-noon.
7. What is the theme for this intensive?
Deepening Your Experience of Love
8. Where is the intensive being held?
Mike's North Boulder mountain home. Address and directions will be provided in the welcome email. Held outside on our back patio (incredible view) or indoors with doors/windows open so excellent ventilation.
9. What is the cost:
$550 (Early Bird though June 1). $650 (Starting June 2nd)
10. What are the pre-requisites?
You must have taken a Level 1 online group class (or the equivalent) or completed the L1 class curriculum through private sessions.
11. Do I need to bring my harmonium?
Harmoniums are required for this intensive. If you prefer not to bring your instrument, harmoniums will be available for purchase ($750) or to rent ($50).
12. What if I don't feel well?
We are not recruiting Covid vaccinations or testing. That said, please don’t come if you don’t feel well. Or, do rapid test before class/when you arrive.
13. What about food during the program?
Food is not provided, other than coffee, water and snacks. We have lots of fridge and pantry space where you can store groceries. See above for a list of healthy restaurants and grocery stores.
14. What songs will we learn?
Not sure yet. I will design the list of songs we'll learn based on who is attending and the needs to the group. And... click HERE to listen to a Spotify playlist with a bunch of chants we may learn during this program.
Pre-Requisites & Requirements
Terms & Conditions
Countdown to Launch
Meet Your Instructor:
Mike Cohen, MA is founder of Kirtan Leader Institute. Since 2010 he has trained and apprenticed thousands of chant fans to launch their home chant practices and even share with others. Mike works with Kirtan Leaders across the globe, including dozens he's helped create/release Kirtan recordings, play at festivals, and tour nationally and internationally.
A life-long musician with two decades experience in coaching and training, Mike has created a curriculum that supports total newbies in quickly and easily learning to play chants from their favorite Kirtan artists without needing to understand or learn Western or Indian music (Sargam). Students love that they can learn to chant without having to learn how to read/understand music. Training for advanced students includes Chant Writing, Community Building, Entrepreneurship and more. Mike's training is rooted in the principals of Waking Up (Spiritual Practice), Growing Up (Psychological Practice), Cleaning Up (Shadow work) and Opening Up (Multiple Intelligences) so we can Show Up fully; and includes teachings and practices from discourses such as Somatics, the Enneagram of Personality, Integral Theory, Ontology, Integral Unfolding, the Dattatreya lineage of Sri Kaleshwar, and more.
Mike has released four critically-acclaimed full length Kirtan albums. For well over a decade, he has toured North America, offering accessible and potent Kirtan events in yoga studios, healing centers and at yoga/chant festivals. Mike lives in Boulder, CO where he leads Kirtan and trains chant fans to chant at home and share Kirtan with others.
Have more questions or need more time?
Enter your information in this form to stay in touch. We look forward to hearing from you!