Expand Your Home Chant Practice: In-Person
TBD, 2024 in Boulder, CO
Chant your heart open in Kirtan Community through this 4 day intensive that will expand your home practice and deepen your experience of LOVE.Get Details
Experience a New Level of Mantra, Rhythm, and Harmony.
Learn new chants, increase your harmonium skills, work with rhythm & vocal specialists, and connect with an amazing community in this 4 Day In-Person Intensive in beautiful Boulder, CO.
Learn 6+ Heart Opening Chants
Learn beautiful chants in a variety of different styles: Sanksrit, Vedic, Kundalini, Mashup, and Healing & Ceremony songs! Learn about Shiva, Lakshmi, Ganesha and other favorite deities.
Practice Together IN-PERSON!
Chant your heart song surrounded by the loving company of open-hearted Kirtan Community! Receive real-time feedback and guidance from expert instructors.
Rhythm + Voice + Harmonium
Get real-time guidance on how to sing with your whole body, get the most out of your HARMONIUM + increase your internal sense of rhythm.
In-Person Kirtan Intensive
TBD, 2024 | Boulder CO
4-Day In-Person Intensive designed for participants who:
- Have completed a minimum of Kirtan Leader Institute Training Level 1 through online course or private sessions
- Have access to a good harmonium. (Instruments available to purchase for $850 or rent during the intensive for $50)
- Are interested in expanding their home chant practice, increasing their chant & harmonium skills, and spending time practicing in community.
Plan Your Trip:
- Food: Not provided, other than coffee, water and snacks. We have lots of fridge and pantry space where you can store groceries. A list of healthy restaurants and grocery stores will be provided in the welcome email and at the FAQ page listed below.
- Housing: Very limited housing (1 room) available on site. Other housing can be found by searching zip code 80302 on Airbnb.com or VRBO.com. Good places to rent are in N. Boulder (10 minutes away) or Lyons (10 minutes away). Longmont (20 minutes), downtown Boulder (15 minutes) and South Boulder (25 minutes) could also work. Learn more at FAQ page.
- Flights: Fly into Denver International Airport (DIA).
- Ground transportation: From DIA you can rent a car, meet up and travel with other participants, or take a bus to Boulder. Details will be shared in the welcome email. Learn more at FAQ page.
- Coordinating with others: All registered participants will be added to a Facebook group where they can coordinate travel, housing, food, etc with others. Details will be shared in the welcome email.
- Directions: will be shared in the welcome email.
Learn more by clicking HERE for our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page.
Join the Waitlist for:
Expand Your Home Chant Practice Intensive:
Your Intensive Guides & Teachers:
Your Host: Mike Cohen
Mike Cohen, MA is founder of Kirtan Leader Institute. Since 2010 he has trained and apprenticed thousands of aspiring and emerging Kirtan Leaders across the globe, from total beginners to dozens he has guided to create/release Kirtan albums, play at festivals and tour nationally.
A life-long musician with two decades experience developing and coaching leaders, Mike has created a curriculum that supports total newbies in quickly and easily learning to play chants from their favorite Kirtan artists (like Krishna Das and Snatam Kaur) without needing to understand or learn Western or Indian Classical music (Sargam). Training for advanced students expands beyond Musicianship into important domains such as Psycho-Spiritual Leadership, Community Building, Entrepreneurship, Chant Writing, Working with Spiritual Bypassing and more.
Voice Instructor: Dawnia Dresser
Dawnia is a Boulder, CO based Anusara inspired yoga teacher and lifelong vocalist/musician. During her 19 years in Los Angeles, CA Dawnia co-created three albums of original folk-rock music and contributed extensively on albums and movies as a vocalist and voiceover artist. Dawnia created a 3-song EP with renowned Kirtan producer Ben Leinbach (Jai Uttal, Deva Premal) to create From the Soul, an EP of soul-infused mantra music. A graduate of Colorado State University with a degree in music and vocal performance, Dawnia serves as faculty in the Boulder, CO based Kirtan Leader Institute. Her warm heart, clear and caring teaching style and soulful voice have led her to become a beloved member of the Kirtan community in CO and beyond.
Rhythm Guide: Ken Matarazzo
Ken Matarazzo is a Boulder, CO based percussionist and teacher who has studied and performed on frame drums and afro cuban percussion since the mid 90’s. Some of his teachers include master drummers Glen Velez, Layne Redmond, John Amira and Jamey Haddad. Ken has collaborated with diverse artists, such as Jerry Joseph, Layne Redmond, Jim Matus and most recently Kirtan Leader Mike Cohen. Ken currently serves as faculty in the Boulder, CO based Kirtan Leader Institute and plays in The Shakti Groove.
What People Have to Say:
This KLI experience renewed my soul more than I could have imagined, I'm inspired and filled with love. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
— Sevika Radecki
I left the weekend overflowing with love, a renewed sense of joy, and a deepened connection with the divine and my devotional practice. What a gift!
— Kristen Bredar
Thank you for providing the amazing container for our divine connection and expansion through the gift of Kirtan. What an amazing, love-filled time.
— Shari Heftel