Level 3 Kirtan Training
Lead Your Own Kirtan Band
Write Your Own Original Chants
Our Level 3 Kirtan trainings are the perfect next step for Kirtan Leaders who long to lead a Kirtan band with skill and ease. These programs create a perfect holding environment for you to build embodiment with the most critical skills required to successfully lead your Kirtan band and produce community Kirtan events.
In these advanced trainings, you will expand your repertoire with even more beautiful and complex chants while also learning how to write your own chants and how to deepen your harmonium and vocal skills. But your learning doesn't stop there! You will also extend your understanding of musical theory, learn to cue and lead a drummer and response singers, understand how to build your own vibrant community of musicians, venues, advocates, and chant participants, and ultimately, cultivate your capacity to lead yourself and your band while successfully holding space for all participants during live or virtual Kirtan events.
This training is perfect for you if...
- You have been playing Kirtan by yourself, or just a few others, and feel ready to share with a bigger audience
- You recognize the countless details that go into holding a successful chant event and want the professional support to ensure your events are successful
- You're excited about the opportunity to show up in the Kirtan community as a leader
- You long to create deeply transformative chant experiences
- You realize the transition into leading chant events is a big one and warrants guidance from someone with extensive experience
- You are ready to move beyond playing covers into writing your own original chants.
Lead Your Very Own Chant Events!
Level 3 Training Details:
In these advanced training programs, you will stand on the strong foundation you built in previous levels and develop your ability to lead Kirtan events, build relevant communities, write original chants, and offer the strong leadership required to lead groups through transformative sacred chant experiences.
What You’ll Receive:
- Expanded repertoire of even more beautiful and advanced chants
- Foundational understanding of how to write your own chants
- Guidance around assembling and leading a band that will play together long term
- The necessary business skills needed to create and execute your own successful chant events
- Confidence in your ability to lead full band Kirtan events
- A way to build an intimate relationship with Source
- Inspiring stories from Mike's 20 years experience with the practice of promoting and leading Kirtan events
- The amazing joy of leading a band and an audience into profound states of ecstasy
- Practices and insights to build greater skill with vocals, harmonium and rhythm
- Embodied ability to cue drummers, musicians and response singers in real time
- A holding space in which you can fast track your development as a Kirtan leader without making critical and costly mistakes with musicians, venues and your community of chant participants
- Guidance and practices for growing your public identity and Kirtan community
Step Into the Next Phase of Leadership and
Your Own Kirtan Journey
Join an Upcoming Level 3 Training
Learn About Level 3.5 Online Chant Writing Class
Learn About Level 3 Live Classes
Learn About Level 3 Live Intensives
Students Singing Our Praises
"Mike and the KLI crew provide an incredibly supportive environment where I felt comfortable exploring and sharing. Mike’s professionalism, knowledge base and ability to synthesize and explain complicated topics and information created a wonderful opportunity for both personal and musical growth. If you are interested in diving into the world of chant, mantra and music the Kirtan Leader Institute programs are life changing!"
— Michele Heaphy
"Thank Goodness for Kirtan Leader Institute! I had wanted to learn to chant and lead for years with no idea where to begin. Thanks to Mike’s expertise both in Kirtan leading and teaching, I’ve been able to develop my skills to chant alone and lead others. Level 3 was particularly helpful in giving me the opportunity to lead others in a supportive environment with the necessary feedback to help me grow. With the group’s inspiration and encouragement I also wrote and performed my first original chant during Level 3. I felt inspired and ignited by working with so many skilled and kind Kirtan Leaders who led and participated in the course.”
— Leah Pearlman
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the prerequisites for Level 3.5?
What are the prerequisites for Level 3 intensive?
What if I have extensive musical or Kirtan training already?
More Questions? Want to Join a Waitlist?
Enter your name and email address with a brief note on how we can help.