Are You a Good Person?
Aug 05, 2021
Are you a good person?
Of course you’re a good person, though at times your behaviors may cause benefit, or harm, or be an opportunity for learning, or…
In the Enneagram system the Type One Reformer strives to be a GOOD person, while each other type strives for something a bit different.
Courtesy of Dave’s Enneagram, here is a more specific take on what kind of person each of the 9 types strives to be:
- Enneagram One Reformer: the GOOD Person.
- Enneagram Two Helper: the LOVING Person.
- Enneagram Three Achiever: the EFFECTIVE Person
- Enneagram Four Individualist: the ORIGINAL Person
- Enneagram Five Investigator: the WISE Person
- Enneagram Six Loyalist: the LOYAL Person
- Enneagram Seven Enthusiast: the JOYFUL Person
- Enneagram Eight Challenger: the POWERFUL Person
- Enneagram Nine Peacemaker: the PEACEFUL Person
Which one seems like you?
When building your personality, these offer great ideals to strive for. In the second half of our lives our development rather than working to build up this persona, we work to deconstruct this persona so we can live fuller, richer lives. More on that in a blog post to follow.
- What’s your home base type?
- On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being the highest) how clear/confident are you in your assessment of your home base type?
- What makes you say that? In other words, how do you ground your assessment of your type?
- Do you see yourself striving to become the “person” associated with your home base type? What does that look like?
- Do you see yourself working to deconstruct the “person” associated with your home base type? What does that look like?
If you’re not clear on your home base type, you can gain more clarity through a Getting Your Type Right coaching session and/or our Enneagram Foundations self-guided online course.
If you’d like support in building or deconstructing the “person” associated with your type, email Mike at [email protected] for FREE 20 minute consultation.